GASTEC II – portable non-heated FID analyser
GPS functionality for immediate response to leaks
Gas-Tec is a portable gas detector designed for the rapid identification and inspection of leaks. GPS, data logging, and event-logging allow inspection teams to monitor operational changes and accurately record areas of conern. Gas-Tec comes with a shoulder strap and features a wide range of probes and accessories for all kinds of applications.
GAS-TEC - Compounds detected
The portable GASTEC FID analyser analyses VOCs (Volatile Organic Compounds).
GASTEC II Features
Improved data-entry by assigning latitude, longitude, and elevation. Users can also read the position in real-time, providing emergency service teams with the exact location of any leaks for an immediate response.
Chronological recording of data and events
Gas-Tec allows users to download all their experimental data information using the USB interface with its drag-and-drop functionality.
Ease of use
LCD display and programmable keys provide complete sequential instructions, in-use options, service and calibration settings and alarms.
Tried and Tested
Based on the popular original Gas-Tec analyser’s detection method, this new generation of detectors has already proven its worth, and is built to cope with the demands of everyday use.
Robust and Reliable
Waterproof in accordance with IP54 for daily use in all weather conditions.
Advanced electronic controls
With extended battery life and gas refill. The transponder pressure and flow regulators manage the H2 and sample flow rates.
Gas-Tec is sold with a robust, wheeled ABS case with foam protection.
Key Stengths of GASTEC II
- Probe: Flame Ionisation Detector (FID)
- Calibrated with methane (CH4)
- Other correction factors available
- Scale :
- 0 - 100 ppm
- 0 - 1000 ppm
- 0 - 10,000 ppm
- Accuracy: +/- 10%
- Response time: <2 seconds
- Running time: UK and EU 400 ml = 60 h
- Hydrogen bottle:
- EU 100 ml = 15 h
- USA 300 ml = 45 h
- High impact and UV-resistant fibreglass reinforced nylon case
- Dimensions: 380 x 190 x 95 mm
- Weight: <2.6 kg without the bottle
- Weather protection: IP54
- Audible alarm: GEIGER counter type (frequency and intensity increasing with concentration)
- Visual alarms: status indicators on the LCD
- Backlight: Adjustable intensity and sleep-mode/power down delay
- Battery type: Rechargeable lithium-ion
- Battery life:> 15 h
- Recharge time: <6 h
- Operating temperature range: -10 °C to + 55 °C
- Humidity: 0 to 95% non-condensing (HR)
- Sample input: through a rapid connector with filter
- Outputs: headphone, USB and Trigger outlets
- Data Entry: Xxxxx Data Logs
- Event Log: Xxx Events
- GPS: accurate to 10 m
- EMC and certifications: EN50270 & EN50271: 2002
- Industry approvals: marked FCC and CE
- Calibration frequency: recommended every 6 months
- 12-month warranty covering components and workmanship defects
GASTEC II Uses
The GASTEC portable FID analyser has a wide range of applications:
- Environmental: soil decontamination monitoring, total hydrocarbons measurement (HTC), landfills, biogas...
- Industrial: leak detection, industrial hygiene...
- Rapid response: < 2 sec
- Autonomous: with hydrogen refill
- Easy to use